Tom Gildred is a multi-generational San Diegan. He holds a bachelor’s degree in accountancy from San Diego State University. Tom started his career at Ernst & Young in its audit and consulting practices.
In 1995, Tom founded FMT Consultants, where he is currently Chairman of the Board. FMT Consultants is a recipient of the Microsoft Partner of the Year award and the San Diego Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work” award (in 2011 and 2012). In 2016, FMT Consultants was ranked the No. 7 “software-as-a-service” (SAAS) company by the San Diego Business Journal.
In 2010, Tom founded Emerald Textiles with the goal of establishing a laundry service for Southern California hospitals and healthcare centers that was technologically advanced, environmentally conscious, met the highest cleanliness standards and provided exceptional service. As CEO Tom is focused on employee comfort, safety and innovation. Tom was named Most Admired CEO by the San Diego Business Journal a year after Emerald opened its doors.
Since opening their first location, Emerald Textiles has evolved into a fully functioning, high-tech laundering plant. Now, it services the commercial linen needs of a majority of large healthcare networks in San Diego, and is rapidly expanding into Orange County and Los Angeles, thanks to a new Riverside location.
Board of Directors and Organizations
- American Heart Association – Heart Walk Chairman
- Downtown Breakfast Rotary Club – Founding Member
- Emerald Textiles Board of Directors – Chairman
- FMT Consultants Board of Directors – Chairman
- Mission Valley YMCA Board of Directors – Past Member
- Plaza de Panama Board of Directors – Treasurer
- San Diego State University, College of Business Administration Board of Directors – Member
- San Diego Museum of Art Board – Immediate Past President
- San Diego Museum of Art Executive Committee – Member
- San Diego Museum of Art Strategic Planning Committee – Chairman
- San Diego Museum of Art Finance Committee – Past Chair
- San Diego Museum of Art Audit Committee – Past Chair
- San Diego Museum of Art Development Committee – Past Chair
- San Diego Museum of Art Compensation & Benefits Committee – Past Chair
- San Diego Museum of Art Governance & Nominating Committee – Past Chair
- San Diego Software Industry Council – Past Member
- Sharp HealthCare Board of Directors – Past Member
- Sharp HealthCare Information Technology Committee – Chairman
- Sharp HealthCare Marketing & Communications Committee – Member
- Sharp HealthCare Audit Committee – Past Member
- Sharp HealthCare Growth Planning Committee – Past Member
- Sharp HealthCare Nominating Committee – Past Member
- The Gildred Companies Board of Directors – Chairman
- The Gildred Companies Compensation Committee – Chairman
- Vistage Group 3080 – Founding Member
- Vistage Member Advisory Committee – Past Member
Mr. Gildred is a serial entrepreneur, and has been honored twice by the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year™ awards. First as a regional winner in 2012 and then as a national finalist in 2014. The prestigious award is given to entrepreneurs in recognition of their professional accomplishments and contributions in the community. Gildred was also awarded the Most Admired CEO by the San Diego Business Journal and won the Millennium Award from the Friends of Balboa Park in 2014. FMT Consultants, founded by Tom, is a Microsoft Gold Certified business software firm which has received the Microsoft Partner of the Year Award and was named one of San Diego’s “Best Places to Work” in both 2011 and 2012 and was recently nominated as one of San Diego’s fastest growing companies by the San Diego Business Journal.
Tom Gildred is a drive and respected businessman who always strives to be the best in whatever industry he takes on. In his free time, Tom enjoys playing golf, windsurfing at the beach and the occasional game of volleyball. He belongs to the Wine & Food Society of La Jolla and Chevaliers du Tastevin of San Diego. He is a member of the Fairbanks Ranch Country Club and a former member of their finance committee. Tom Gildred is an art patron and appreciator, and he’s a Circle Member at the San Diego Museum of Art. Mr. Gildred is well-respected by his employees and peers, and sets a stellar example for all businessmen in San Diego County.
Learn More about Tom Gildred
For more information about Tom Gildred or his professional or personal accolades, please contact the public relations department at Emerald Textiles by calling (619) 330-7077 or via email at info@EmeraldUS.com.